Membership in the Searchers is $25/year for singles and $35/year for couples. The best way to join is to come to one of our monthly meetings, but you can download the following form and send it along with a check to our mailing address:
SEARCHERS GEM AND MINERAL SOCIETY
P.O. BOX 3492
ANAHEIM, CA 92803
The Searchers Gem and Mineral Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit California corporation that promotes the study and appreciation of earth sciences. We rely on our members to volunteer to serve on club committees, fill board positions and work at club events. Membership is available to anyone who shares an interest in earth sciences, demonstrates a congenial nature and agrees to abide by the organization’s Bylaws, Standing Rules and Standards of Conduct. Membership in the Searchers Gem and Mineral Society is effective after the Board of Directors reviews and approves a member application. Searchers reserves the right to deny any application that it feels is not in the club’s best interests.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
This Searchers Gem and Mineral Society was formed for the purpose of banding together a group of congenial persons for the purpose of:
• Studying mineralogy and the earth sciences by means of association with other mineralogical societies and with their members.
• Presentation of public exhibitions, lectures, and similar programs.
• Field trips for exploration, study, and collecting of specimens.
• The encouragement of interest among young people and the fostering of interest in mineralogy and the lapidary arts.
• The procurement and maintenance of collections of minerals, mineral products and related pictures, writings, and other information thereof.
• All other means which are appropriate to the accomplishment of the primary objectives above set forth.
To help achieve our purpose, The Searchers Gem and Mineral Society is committed to providing a social environment in which all members and guests are treated with respect and dignity. Each member has the right to attend meetings, club functions, club programs, and to interact with other club members in a non-threatening professional atmosphere that promotes equality and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. We expect that all relationships among members and non-members who interact with our club will be business-like and free of bias and harassment. The activities listed below are not supportive of the Searchers purpose and are therefore strictly prohibited. Any member or guest who exhibits any of the behaviors listed below will be subject to consequences, including termination or denial of club membership.
1. Abusive or threatening language towards a member or guest.
2. Rude or offensive actions or language directed to a member or guest.
3. Verbal or physical harassment of a member or guest.
4. Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
5. Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
6. Hate speech, bullying or taking unfair advantage of any member or guest.
7. Bringing into a Searchers event dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
8. Verbal or physical disruption of Searchers meetings or events.
9. Theft of Searchers property.
10. Failure to follow the Searchers Bylaws or Standing Rules.
All Searchers members should report prohibited behaviors as outlined above to the Searchers Board of Directors. Upon receiving any such report, the Board will promptly investigate and take appropriate action.
To email the membership person click here